Please read the terms and conditions of the editando website and services. By accessing any area of this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you should immediately cease using this website and do not use any of our services.
We reserve the rights to change our terms and conditions without notice, and we advise you to regularly check the Privacy & Terms page (latest update: 10/10/2018). If you use the website after such changes, you automatically agree to the new terms. If you do not accept any of the changes, you should stop using the website or our services.
Mail address: Giulia Petrovich, Sonnenallee 159, 12059, Berlin (DE)
All the information we collect are strictly confidential, we do not sell or share them with third parties unless you explicitly allow us to do so or we are required by law.
We collect information you directly provide us, for example when contacting us via the contact form, email or phone. We may collect the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Billing address
- Postal address
- Details of your project
Nature and content of our clients' work are kept confidential and not made known to anyone without prior written permission.
editando has put in place security measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
If you realise the data we hold about you is incorrect or you want them to be deleted, please send us an email to the above address or write to us, and we will promptly correct or delete your data.
We may use your information as follow:
- Communicate with you about our services.
- Provide you with the services you request.
- Provide customer service.
- Promote our services.
- Monitor usage and activities in connection to our services.
- Comply with legal obligations.
You may opt-out from receiving promotional information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt-out, please note that we may still send you non-promotional communications (e.g. about our business relationship).
If you fail to provide the data we need to perform our services, we may have to cancel the service requested. In this case, we will promptly notify you.
When you visit our website, the only personally identifiable information (as defined under GDPR) we automatically collect is your IP address.
You may disable the cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. To learn more on how to disable the cookies, you may follow the instructions in this link.
Our website contains links to external websites of third parties, over which we do not have any control, and thus we cannot be held responsible for the privacy of any information you provide to such websites.
Intellectual property rights policy
Our clients retain copyright, ownership, and control over all materials submitted to us for editing and proofreading, and writing services. We retain the ownership and the copyright over the blog posts written by us.
Plagiarism and intellectual property infringement are serious offences. editando is not liable for detecting or reporting plagiarized material. We prohibit our clients from sending us material that infringes intellectual property rights; if we have any evidence that you are guilty of plagiarism, we will immediately cancel our service.
Limitation of liability
We take no responsibility or liability for neither content nor use of any text we work on. The Client is responsible for both content and use of any material we create for him/her.
By using our website and/or services, you agree that editando will not for any reason or circumstance be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, losses, or costs.
editando provides thorough services and aims to deliver the best result, however, we cannot guarantee a completely error-free work, and the final responsibility for any error is yours. If you fail to communicate your requirements clearly, we are not responsible for any mistake or omission in our work.
We are not liable for any delay and failure to perform our obligations if we comply with the terms and conditions below. Both parties shall be released from obligations if delays or failures are due to circumstances beyond their control (e.g. natural disasters or technical failure).
With regard to editing and proofreading services for students: We have no control over your final mark and we cannot guarantee that our services will improve it; we are therefore not liable for a mark or grade that is lower than expected. We also recommend you to check whether your university permits the use of editing and proofreading services and, if so, whether you should mention it in your work. Prior to submitting your thesis for language editing or proofreading, you should read our policy on thesis editing and proofreading.
Terms and conditions of use and payment
- These terms apply to any work done by editando for the Client.
- editando is not obligated to accept any work offered, and the Client is not under any obligation to offer editando work.
- editando provides services only after details and costs have been agreed with the Client: For language editing and proofreading services, the Client must send a written confirmation of acceptance of the price quotation; for author editing and writing services, the Client must sign a contract, which includes the cost estimate, timeline and details of the project, and terms and conditions.
- The Client will pay a fee per word for proofreading and language editing services, or a fee per hour for author editing and writing services, unless a flat fee has been agreed with editando.
- editando will deliver the work before or on the date agreed and for the price agreed.
- With regard to language editing and proofreading services: any delays in the acceptance of the quotation or in the delivery of any materials, documents and/or instructions needed to carry out the work may lead to the renegotiation of the fee and/or the deadline.
- With regard to the writing and author editing services: the price agreed is based on an estimate of the time investment needed to accomplish the task; however, if at any stage it becomes clear that the task requires significant additional work, editando may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline. The same applies if we receive the signed contract and/or any materials, documents and/or instructions later than agreed.
- If the Client wants to change our arrangement or add anything new, we will provide a separate estimate for that.
- The total fee must be paid by the Client within 2 weeks from receipt of the invoice, unless agreed otherwise.
- editando reserves the right to charge interests for overdue payments. If the invoice is not paid within 30 days from its delivery, we will add a fee equivalent to the 2% of the initial price. After the first 30 days of delay, we will add a fee equivalent to the 5% of the initial price to each recurring 30-day period until the full amount is paid.
- editando carries out the work without supervision and by using editando’s own equipment.
- editando can terminate a contract at any time because of any serious breach of these terms and conditions. Upon notice of termination, the Client would be required to pay editando all sums due.
- If the Client breaches any of the terms and conditions, he/she will be held accountable for any expenses, liability, and financial losses incurred by editando because of the breach.
- The Client can cancel the work at any time before work commences at no charge.
- The Client can terminate a contract at any time if there is any serious breach in these terms and conditions.
- editando may use the Client’s name for promotional material only if previously agreed.
- editando may change the prices on the website without previous notice. However, any fee previously agreed in writing with the client will remain valid until the expiry date of the quotation or estimate.
- Anyone using our services or our website agrees not to use them for any illegal purposes; they agree not to impair the performance nor the functionality of the website, not to corrupt its content, compromise its security, nor try to access sensitive information.
- These terms are subject to the laws of Germany. editando and the Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of German court.